Don Foreman

Default Centering Scopes?

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 01:27:49 GMT, (Doug White)
wrote:

Over the years, a couple of people have mentioned being very fond of
their centering scopes. I've been thinking of getting one to use on my
mill. They seem to come in a range of powers, from 15X to 45X. There is
also the issue of Cheaper Chinese vs more expensive US or European units.
Never having used one, I have no idea what sort of alignment or focussing
issues there might be with different designs/brands. The one thing I
would like is something fairly short so I don't have to crank the table
up & down a lot swapping it in & out.

So, I'm opening the floor for discussion. Ideas, suggestions,
comments, etc.?

Thanks!

Doug White

I've been satisfied with my Chinese 45X from Enco:
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?P...&PARTPG=INLMK3