Dan Lanciani

Default Bosch 4803 dishwasher draining problem

In article .com, writes:
| Hi, I have a draining problem with a Bosch SHV4803-UC12 dishwasher.
| Under normal operation, the basin dosen't drain.
|
| When I disconnect the drain hose from the wall and redirect it to a
| bucket, it drains fine. The motor works, I can see water going through
| the little transparent plastic trap thing under the panel, and I can
| measure 120VAC getting to the motor. It *sounds* like it's working
| fine too, but I can't be sure.

Does your Bosch use a separate drain pump motor, a positive solenoid valve
to redirect the main motor, or one of those little free-floating flappers
that is somehow manipulated to select between drain and circulate? I've
observed that the latter seem to be very dependent on the "correct" back
pressure. See:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...315e0466cec0df

I suppose even a separate drain pump might now depend on the preferred
(mandatory?) open-drain hookup. For what it's worth, I just installed
a new KitchenAid S-series which uses a separate pump. I thought I was
going to finally have to bite the bullet and make my drain configuration
(which is like yours) "standard" (a non-trivial task) but it works fine.
Still, the new unit is much more flimsy than the ~20 year old KitchenAid
it replaced...

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com