Jack

Default How to remove graffiti scratched and edged on glass?

"Norminn" wrote in message
nk.net...
Jack wrote:

I have a commercial building with 1/4" plate safety glassed on a store
front that has been graffiti with paint, scratches and acid edged. I
could scrape off most of the paint but those paint embedded in the
scratches and acid edge are hard to remove. I've tried to remove it with
a little high speed rotary tool fitted with a wired wheel and a small
buffer - very little progress, will take hours. I will try with my 7"
buffer with some aggressive car polish next time. If that doesn't work I
will use lacquer thinner. Any other suggestions?

If the graffiti is any kind of paint, semi-paste paint remover should take
it off. In spots where there is "etching" or scratches, I would use an
old toothbrush with paint remover to get it out of grooves. Deep
scratches can make the glass crack, so I would use care. There is a
product for removing graffiti, but I've never tried it.

Has owner filed insurance claim? I would have a glass contractor look at
damage and see if the windows are secure.

This is part of doing business in that area, no claims or insurance company
will drop you like a hot potato - save it for a big one.