I R Baboon

Default Is a woodstove worth the money?

i live in rochester, ny RIGHT by lake ontario (quite windy n cold) in a
40x20 house. the woodstove is in the basement. it heats up the basement
nicely, then hot air does what it does best heating the upstairs. dont waste
$$ on blowers. just buy a cheap fan and aim it at the woodstove. the real
gouger is gonna be the flue - about 10$ a foot here.
you ask if its worth it? local gas co estimated me all winter, i called in
my readings. HUGE difference. thats worth it to me. my woodstove is the
primary heating source with gas boiler as back up for those o so chilly
nights.
as far as wood goes, round here its about 60-70$ for a face cord. swing by
some local construction sites. im sure they will be more then willing to let
you take home scraps. sure its mostly pine, but buy a chimney sweep and
sweep it more often to avoid the extra creosote building up

wrote in message
ups.com...
Is a wood stove worth the money? I have read that 70% goes up the
fireplace normally, but that with a woodstove it doesn't.

Any comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, is it wood stove or woodstove???