Norminn

Default How to remove graffiti scratched and edged on glass?

Jack wrote:

I have a commercial building with 1/4" plate safety glassed on a store front
that has been graffiti with paint, scratches and acid edged. I could scrape
off most of the paint but those paint embedded in the scratches and acid
edge are hard to remove. I've tried to remove it with a little high speed
rotary tool fitted with a wired wheel and a small buffer - very little
progress, will take hours. I will try with my 7" buffer with some aggressive
car polish next time. If that doesn't work I will use lacquer thinner. Any
other suggestions?

If the graffiti is any kind of paint, semi-paste paint remover should
take it off. In spots where there is "etching" or scratches, I would
use an old toothbrush with paint remover to get it out of grooves. Deep
scratches can make the glass crack, so I would use care. There is a
product for removing graffiti, but I've never tried it.

Has owner filed insurance claim? I would have a glass contractor look
at damage and see if the windows are secure.