w_tom

Default Electrical Line Noise and Home Theater

Monster product is about as honest as those WMD claims.
Forget about them. Start with the dish system - the receiver,
the LNB, and especially with the cable between dish and
receiver. Fix the problem at its source - not with some
marketing scam. Monster Cable has a long history of selling
on myths. They do it by pricing their products excessively -
which gets store salesmen to hype their products even more.

How to create the dirtiest power for test purposes. Run the
dish system on a UPS in battery backup mode - unplugged from
AC mains. Any decent dish system should even not be affected
by electricity that dirty. It is doubtful your verticle line
has any relationship to the much cleaner utility AC power.
More likely suspects include water leakage inside a coax
cable.

Bob wrote:
Hi, it is a Vertical line and yes it does drift slowly across the
screen.

I haven't tried unplugging the video connection from the sat yet, will
try that tonight, I have however tried to unplug the sat receiver power
cable and the problem does go away.

It's only really noticable during dark scenes of a movie (from the DVD
player).

What do you suggest?

The Monster website with their "Clean Power" add do mention the
vertical line problem... I'm thinking I might follow one of the
doesn't fix the problem.