Shadowz

Default How to remove graffiti scratched and edged on glass?

"Jack" wrote in message
I have a commercial building with 1/4" plate safety glassed on a store

front
that has been graffiti with paint, scratches and acid edged. I could

scrape
off most of the paint but those paint embedded in the scratches and acid
edge are hard to remove. I've tried to remove it with a little high speed
rotary tool fitted with a wired wheel and a small buffer - very little
progress, will take hours. I will try with my 7" buffer with some

aggressive
car polish next time. If that doesn't work I will use lacquer thinner. Any
other suggestions?

The city already send the owner three nasty notices about removing the
graffiti or take them to court for non compliance, paid all fines,

graffiti
removal, court cost, lawyer's fees, etc. I've been cleaning graffiti (I'm
the maintenance guy) once every two weeks on that building for the last 20
years. Every two weeks doesn't seem fast enough for the city and they

don't
return phone calls or reply to mails requesting more time or exactly what

is
required for compliance. Seems like the city is more interested in

punishing
the property owner (more revenue) than catching the taggers. Are graffiti
laws in your city this harsh or they give you a little more leeway and

work
with you?

Try gasket remover spray found at auto supply stores. I was working on my
washing machine and used this to remove a silicone gasket so I could put on
a new one. I had the washing machine transmission setting on top of my
freezer when I sprayed the gasket. Some got on the freezer, stupid me
should have put down some newspaper. After ten minutes of setting, the
gasket came right off with just a scrapper and so did some paint on freeze
right down to the metal. Don't know what it will do to windows, but you
could give it a try. Even tells you on the can to avoid painted surfaces.