Sam Goldwasser

Default Microwave not Heating

Backhand writes:

On or about 24 Oct 2005 15:53:51 -0400 someone/thing calling
him/her/itself Sam Goldwasser inked the
following:

I'd go with magnetron or bad filament connections but I assume you checked
those. The HV transformer wouldn't fail in a way that didn't result in

Ok, I finally had time to get into it and upon removal of the
magnetron found the antenna nicely burned up, a good 1/4 inch hole
eroded on the top/side.

Called GE wholesale parts (888 239 6832) and they are sending me the
mag/stir kit under the 10 yr. warranty.

Wow, I'm impressed they didn't give you too hard a timea bout you're
being killed and suing.....

Do you think I should get a leak test done? I've not touched the
waveguide or the door at all so it should still be intact.

The party line says yes. As a practical matter, if you haven't touched
the door seal, there won't be any issues with leakage from the front.