James Sweet

Default Old components - worth anything?

Mike Berger wrote:
Not anymore. You can't recover usable components from modern
electronics so there are no kids scrounging it.

Sure you can, I'm not a kid anymore but I still scrounge plenty of
usable components. The most useful stuff usually lies in power supplies
and CRT displays, lots of nice juicy power semiconductors and inductors,
lots of capacitors, diodes, fuse holders, connectors, etc. Digital
devices often have eeproms, various logic devices, LEDs, all sorts of
stuff. If anything there's more cool stuff to salvage than there was 20
years ago.