Bruce L. Bergman

Default Air Tank Drainage

On 27 Oct 2005 10:47:33 -0700, "Dave" wrote:

Retired my old portable air tank -- heard a fizzing sound in the shop
and found a rust blister on the bottom at the lowest point. I am not
the sort who can discard something metal due to an expiration date, so
I wonder if I shouldn't re-orient the next tank to put the air inlet at
the lowest point?

Putting the air inlet at the bottom does nothing while you are
filling it, only when you want to drain out the accumulated water.

Fill the portable tank, rotate it till the air outlet fitting is at
the lowest point (keeping the outlet hose high so the water doesn't
flow that way) and vent the fill port tire chuck for a few seconds to
drain any moisture, then rotate it upright and top off the air again.

When you use the air you want the valve at the top, you don't want
to pass the water along to your tires or other equipment.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545