1tim23 1tim23 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Wiltshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I dont understand why youre going to the great trouble of replacing the
cylinder when all it needs is soldering or gluing. They key in both
cases is to get the hole spotlessly clean. Then either solder it, or
use high temp epoxy available at car accessory places. With epoxy, use
a good overlap for grip strength.

NT
I tried polishing the dented area with wire wool and cleaning it, revealing what looked like a pin hole, then soldering all over it (Oh how we laughed as the cylinder foam insulation caught fire, set off the smoke alarm etc etc). But there was still a leak coming from somewhere, so I decided the best long term fix was to change the cylinder. It's quite hard to find every pin-hole when the whole cylinder is encased in foam. In a similar situation I might try your idea of epoxy. Though, as you say, the key is to get everything really clean, which isn't always as easy as it sounds.