nospambob

Default How to remove graffiti scratched and edged on glass?

Acetone is another powerful solvent that I'd try.

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:42:52 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:43:23 -0700, "Jack" wrote:

I have a commercial building with 1/4" plate safety glassed on a store front
that has been graffiti with paint, scratches and acid edged. I could scrape
off most of the paint but those paint embedded in the scratches and acid
edge are hard to remove. I've tried to remove it with a little high speed
rotary tool fitted with a wired wheel and a small buffer - very little
progress, will take hours. I will try with my 7" buffer with some aggressive
car polish next time. If that doesn't work I will use lacquer thinner. Any
other suggestions?

Stop using a buffer. You'll break the glass. I would email you but
you give no address.

Lacquer thinnner only works for lacquer afaik. I don'pt think
graffite is done with lacquer, but someone here will know.

There are loads of solvents. You want the one for the paint they
used.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.