Greg G.

Default Unisaw Electrical Plug

Swingman said:

"Greg G." wrote in message

Can anyone who owns a Delta Unisaw confirm whether it comes
equipped with a 6-20R electrical plug attached? The dealer doesn't
seem to know the nomenclature, and I don't feel like driving there.

I wired the garage with an 80 amp 220v sub-panel last year, and
installed 6-20 outlets in several locations for other equipment.
There is a 20 amp 220v circuit allocated for the saw.

IIRC, the plug that comes standard on the 3HP Delta Unisaws is a NEMA 6-15P.

Rated for 15amps, it will fit into a15 amp, 6-15R receptacle, as well as a
20 amp, 6-20R receptacle, should you decide to make a jumper or extension
cord.

Thanks KC!

I'm surprised they use a NEMA 6-15P on a saw they rate at 18amps.
(Depending on which version of the "specs" you go by.)
They recommend a 20 amp breaker and 12g wire.
Either way, my outlets will accept either plug.

SWMBO is hinting that it might be possible to acquire a demo Unisaw
w/50" Bies fence this winter. Not quite sure how I would fit it into
a 2 car shop and still work there, but the resale value of a used
Unisaw is way above other brands, and there are a million accessories
available. I'm tired of cheap tools, particularly my tablesaw, and
I've been drooling over this one for years. Cry once...eh?
The 50" Beis fence sure would be nice, but man does it eat up real
estate. Since you have one, are the rails one piece, or can they be
shortened without a hacksaw?

Thanks,

Greg G.