Lurch

Default Replacing Hotpoint WMA30 Washing Machine Bearings

On or around 28 Oct 2005 01:17:15 -0700, "Antski"
mused:

Any ideas how to get to the bearings?

Yep.

I have completely dismantled the machine and drum but cannot loosen the
bolt off the rear of the drum that holds the belt wheel on. I think it
should be loosened anti-clockwise and probably needs an impact to get
started?

Nope, just a decent lever. I use a 3' breaker bar with a socket.

I'm worried about shearing the bolt head off.

Pah!

My other option is to buy the entire rear part of the drum
pre-assembled but this is appx £80 as opposed to a tenner for the
bearings!

I can do you a preassembled back half for less than that!
--
| Stuart @ SJW Electrical. Please Reply to group. |