Rocket Ron

Default exterior painting

Hi what is the most suitable paint or stain for painting my exterior
woodwork and window frames? I have been using Ronseal mahogany wood stain
every couple of years, goes on a lot better than paint, but was wondering if
there was anything better. This is what was suggested when the house was
built in 1991.

Also I have pine boards on the ceiling of my open to the outside porch and
some of them are stained by water at the corners so they look a greyish
colour. Is there anything I can do to get the colour back to match the rest?
These are varnished with Ronseal marine varnish
Thanks Ron