TURTLE

Default Ruud direct spark or Lennox hot surface?

"Tony" wrote in message
news
I am narrowing down the quotes for a new gas furnace / AC system. One installer
is quoting a Lennox G61V and the other a Ruud UGRA series. One uses a hot
surface ignition; the other direct spark. I know that if made well either can
be quite reliable, but my question to all is whether there is any data that
shows the Lennox hot surface design or the Rheem/Ruud direct spark system in
these higher end models either performs better or is any more reliable? Also,
is one significantly more expensive to replace?

This is Turtle.

I have found spark ignition to be the least trouble down the years.

Cost to replace ? The Difference is all in the same ball park.

TURTLE