tarquinlinbin

Default Is it possible to change boiler priority?

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:54:27 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"tarquinlinbin" wrote in message
.. .
On 27 Oct 2005 03:31:12 -0700, "Jon" wrote:

I'm new to all this so please bare with me...

I'm having a problem with a combi-boiler and need help trying to
identify the problem -

The boiler appears to be working fine - i.e. it's able to heat the
radiators and water. However when heating water for the shower it seems
incredibility sensitive to changes in water pressure, if someone were
to turn the tap on in the kitchen the hot water flow in the shower
completely stops. Also, if the heating is on it seems to frequently
cause the hot water in the shower to fluctuate.

I'm wondering is it possible to control the boiler so that it gives
priority to heating water? Also, is it possible to prevent the affect
of turning on a tap in another room?

TIA

Alas one of the major drawbacks of many combis is finally revealed.
Many combis just arent up to the job of supplying two taps at once
with decent flow rate. As others have stated, check if the mixer vavle
is thermostatic,if not then fit a thermostatic mixer,thats about all
you can do apart from fitting a water storage cylinger to ensure a
decent bulk hot water supply.

Bzzzt Wrong. A higher flowrate combi would solve it too.

Yes i know your a Combi evangelist doctor and i do know about higher
flow rate combis. You tend to pick things like that up after 25 years
in the industry.

http://www.no2id.org/