N. Thornton

Default High Humidity - Problem?

(John Flynn) wrote in message . com...
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message ...
In article ,
John Flynn wrote:

Is 8 litres per day to be expected ? Or do I have a problem - possible
water ingres? If so how can go about finding the problem?

I'm amazed you have a condensation problem at this time of the year -
especially in an older property. If it has normal ventilation, I'd be
rather worried.

The only reason that I think I have a problem is that the dehumidifier
read 75% - which I think is quite high. I may be wrong in this
assumption.

The fact that 8 litres of water is being extracted also leads me to
think there is a problem. Should I expect this amount of water in a
normal house?

The reason that I bought the dehumidifier was there is a general
dampness problem in the house. So wanted to make sure that the
humidity was lowered. I had tried opening windows to reduce the
problem but this did not help.

Regards,

well all those indications point to something being wrong I guess.
Just dont reduce the RH too much.

Regards, NT