Rich Greenberg

Default Compact Fluorescent light bulbs?

In article .com,
Jack wrote:
I have not had luck... I keep wanting them to work so I keep trying
them.. but none seem to last more than 6 months in my applications all
over the house. Regular bulbs at my house also tend to have a very
short life... may be flaky power supply (although I can think of no
reason for that.. I live in a suburb, and have never known of any
problems with our power supply) or my personal theory, my rough and
tumble kids tend to literally shake the house when they roughhouse...
so I am wondering if that leads to shortened lamp life (that may
explain fillament, but would excessive vibration effect the CF bulbs?)

Ask your local power company to check your voltage to see if it is
higher than normal.

When I first moved into my present house, bulbs were burning out quite
rapidly. The power company sent someone to check, and told me "no
problem found". But strangely enough, from then on bulbs lasted a lot
longer.