Mxsmanic

Default Why aren't computer clocks as accurate as cheap quartz watches?

writes:

Well I can't answer your question but for those who don't know, XP has
an automtic time synchronization feature which operates weekly.

If you want time that is perceptibly correct (that is, no perceptible
difference between the PC clock time and a reliable standard reference
when you watch or listen to both), you need to reset the clock of most
PCs several times _per day_, as it may be off by as much as several
seconds in a day.

You
have to be on line of course. The synchronization can also be done
manually. See: StartControl PanelDate and Time. My pc keeps time
very well.

There's also a registry entry that can be modified to make the system
synchronize more often.