toolguy

Default Sliding Table for Unisaw

I have this on a General. They are very similar saws. You could mill
the end of your left wing to accept it without removing it but the
point to removing it is to have the slider closer to the blade and
hence, more accurate and more useful for miters. Can you not just
loosen and slide your existing rails down the table (to the right)?
That's what I did with my Excalibur rails. Works fine. The table is
very large. They offer 2 smaller versions if it's too big for you. I
am lucky to have a big shop space. These items, with very few
exceptions, are not taken apart for quick storage. They are heavy and
designed to stay put. You could take it apart but it wouldn't be quick
and easy. You'd end up either leaving it on or off. You'd definitely
leave it on if you have the space. The miter fence on these units pops
on and off lickity-split so when you're not using the slider it becomes
a big side table. After all, it's dead-on flush with the top of your
saw. That's a great feature when you're ripping sheets or other large
surfaces. If you have the space for one, you won't regret it. Just
plan to leave it on. Get the biggest slider your space will afford.

Neil