Mike Pio

Default Sliding Table for Unisaw

wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:29:06 -0700, "Mike Pio"
wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good sliding table attachment to go with a Delta
Unisaw? Delta sells one (model 34-555) for about $350, but I'm not nuts
about having to cut the front and back rails of the Biesemeyer fence.
Maybe
that's the only way to attach any sliding table to this saw, but it seems
like a lousy solution at first glance.

I like the idea of a sliding table over a crosscut sled or panel cutting
jig, but I'll use one of those if there's no optimal sliding table option.

Thanks for you opinions.

-m

with some fiddling you can move the rails over rather than cutting
them.

Wouldn't that throw off the factory-installed tape scale also? I guess that
would have to be replaced as well?

Instead, is it possible to beef up the side of the saw cabinet so that the
sliding table could be mounted further to the left? I wonder how difficult
that would be with simple metal fabrication tools?

David Eisan fitted an (I think) Dewalt slider to his unisaw and was
happy with it. you might ping him or search the archives for his posts
about it....