david zaret

Default Sliding Table for Unisaw

i have the excalibur slider on my general... it's.. ok. i'm not
thrilled, but also not entirely disappointed. once it's aligned, it
works well. but it's sensitive. if i had to do it over again, i'd
probably buy a few fence extrusions, flipstops and tapes, and make a few
killer sleds.

i hope i didn't just make your decision more difficult.

---- dz

Mike Pio wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good sliding table attachment to go with a Delta
Unisaw? Delta sells one (model 34-555) for about $350, but I'm not nuts
about having to cut the front and back rails of the Biesemeyer fence. Maybe
that's the only way to attach any sliding table to this saw, but it seems
like a lousy solution at first glance.

I like the idea of a sliding table over a crosscut sled or panel cutting
jig, but I'll use one of those if there's no optimal sliding table option.

Thanks for you opinions.

-m