Harry Muscle

Default Aluminum Wiring Question (CO/ALR devices)

Thanks for the responses. I've read that website
(http://www.inspect-ny.com/aluminum/alreduce.htm) before, however,
there's a very good post a few years back that challanges some of what
it says there. It's called "Aluminum Wiring Question" and here's a
link to it on google:

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.en...3f5718fcfe8c08

Post 18 especially, 16 is good too. In that thread it does talk a bit
about some possible alterations to the methods mentioned in the
original site. I might use those on aluminum to aluminum connections,
however, the copper to aluminum connections still scare me due to the
different thermal expansions of these two metals and due to the fact
that it's a bad idea to have these two dissimilar metals touching each
other.

Also thanks for pointing out the code requirements that I might be
breaking if I go with my original idea.

I have however stumbled accross another product that I'm thinking of
using. I've started another thread called "Using Splicers and Tap
Connectors with Aluminum Wiring instead of Twist On Wire Nuts?" to talk
about it. It sounds quite promising ... I hope.

Thanks again,
Harry