raden

Default Plasma or led screen

In message , Ian
Stirling writes
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:58:25 +0100, Dave Gibson wrote:

Things seem to have changed more rapidly than I realised. I've just
found a Barco projector with a contrast ration 15,000:1!!!!!

Mind you it does cost ?8,000 so it should be good

How does it do that then?
Seeing as the blackest black you get will be the intensity of the
white screen under your ambient lighting!

Easy, no ambient lighting. B-)

Even that's basically a lie.
You're going to get only a contrast of a few hundred at most in most
houses, as the light will reflect off the walls.
15000:1 is only going to be achieved if your walls are decorated in
razor-blade chiq.

It's really not a serious problem

--
geoff