RBM

Default Thermostat install problem

You can get a single gang blank plate to cover the box, but it is slightly
raised, so it would keep the new stat about an eighth of an inch off the
wall. You may be better off just plastering the hole. The thermostat should
work fine

"Kevin_S" wrote in message
oups.com...
OK Since I work a few minutes from home, I ran home and checked it.

My voltage read about 28 volts to the old thermostat (which was a
mechanical honeywell that said 30V max inside of it).

My new thermostat is a Honeywell RTH230B (which I can't seem to find
anywhere online... wierd!). Maybe a new model? Or a model special to
lowes?

An HVAC guy just happens to be changing folters at work and I asked him
about it, he said the one I have should work fine (I showed it to him,
I didn't realize it actually ran off of batteries). He said yes there
is a plate that is made and sold to contractors but he didn't really
say how I could aquire one (probably wants me to have them install one
for me). Although he was surprised that I couldn't get said plate at
True Value or Lowes.