Toller

Default Backfeed generator through dryer outlet?

wrote in message
Toller wrote:

I've done it. Lots of other people have also. But there actually have
been
fatalities as a result of doing it.

I've heard that's never actually happened. Can you name one?

A couple years ago I asked the same question. Someone came up with at least
one example.
It does seem unlikely; if your main breaker is closed, your genny should
stall immediately when it tries to power the neighborhood. The only way you
could kill a lineman is if YOUR line if down and he is fixing it, or if (and
even this is a reach) you plugged in while he what handling a nearby line.
Of course, even then he is supposed to be protected from live wires by
insulation.

Still, a transfer switch avoids the embarrassing chance of continuing to run
on generator after you have power back. I did that for an hour once before
someone called me.