Toller

Default getting nails out of concrete

wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:40:25 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I am removing some carpet tack strips from a concrete floor. When I pry
the
nails out, they take up some concrete with them.

Someway to avoid that? I tried nailing one down to the head, but that
didn't work out well.

Do I have to bother patching the damage? One is in a conspicuos place and
would like to patch it, but with what?

I haven't gotten around to removing the bottom plate of an extinct wall
yet,
but presume I will have the same problem there, only worse as the nails
are
bigger. Any advice would be appreciated.

If you intended to use vinyl over the floor later I say, yes patch the
dimples. Vinyl will recess into the imperfections and show after
installed. Carpet. wood. or tile flooring as a replacement I would
not bother. I would patch any foundationn cracks crossing the room.

There is a crack. Small, but there. What do i patch it with?