Joshua Putnam

Default Where can I get an extra long grounding rod?

In article ,
says...
On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 01:46:28 -0700, "Bob"
wrote:

I'd like to add a quality grounding rod to my house. I know from prior research, that ground water exists from maybe 12
to 17 feet below ground, below which is hardpan. It seems that a 17 foot ground rod would give me the best ground, but
10 feet seems to the the longest I can find. Are there longer ground rods available? Where? Is my reasoning
"reasonable"?

bob

Bob

How would you drive in a rod that is 17 feet long? It's a bitch
driving in a 10 footer at times.

Of course you could weld some rods together too....
Just weld a piece of pipe across the ends, but good luck hammering it
in.

Go to
www.mcmaster.com and search for Grounding Rods, you'll find
threaded grounding rods and coupling nuts.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/