Unquestionably Confused

Default 6" jointer/planer question

on 10/27/2005 1:47 PM John Girouard said the following:
I just wish I could remember which one of the units (734 or 735)
allowed for the lateral movement of the blade. I seem to think it was
the 734 which I thought rather odd. Why not put it on all or, if not,
include that feature on the top end model?

I can't speak to the 734, but the 735 allows the lateral movement you're
talking about.

Okay, that's it then. According to the sales guy, only one of the two
had it. A worthwhile "feature" I think, especially with a three bladed
unit. Depending upon the size of the nick you should have a minimum of
three "quick cures" before you actually have to do some semi-serious
work to cure the problem.