Tom Banes

Default 6" jointer/planer question

Are there other 6" Jointers I should be looking at in the $400 range
(which I can't seem to locate easily).

Probably attracting flames here but HD sells the 6" Ridgid jointer
that I have. Mine is flat (in and out) to a Veritas 36" straight edge
and it has straightened out a bunch of less than straight red oak 8/4
boards for me. DC is good when hooked up to a dust collector.

What planer would you ball recommend?

I have the DW 735 and am impressed. I too got a deal on extra blades
plus the stand (which is really nice - see my post a couple of months
ago). Yeh, it ain't cheap, but it sure does a nice job on the
finishing speed. It will blow chips all over kingdom come if you don't
hook it up to a DC.

Regards.