Chris Lewis

Default Aluminum Wiring Question (CO/ALR devices)

According to Harry Muscle :
My main problem that I still need a solution for in my home is
connecting my CU approved lighting to the AL wiring. What do you think
of the idea of using a CU/ALR outlet to make the transition between AL
and CU. I'd place an oulet box in my attic (all the lights I'm
concerned about have an attic above them), put an CU/ALR outlet in it,
connect the AL wire to two of the screws and connect the CU wire to the
other set of screws.

It'd _work_, but it'd get old fast, and you can't do any branching.

Note also that there is now some code requirements about pigtailing
neutrals, but you can't do that this way.

The only thing left is the grounding wires which
I could connect to two seperate gounding screws in the box or if code
requires it use a twist on.

Need to pigtail the grounds too.

You really can't escape having to use some sort of wirenut or
crimpon.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est