Joseph Meehan

Default getting nails out of concrete

Toller wrote:
I am removing some carpet tack strips from a concrete floor. When I
pry the nails out, they take up some concrete with them.

Someway to avoid that? I tried nailing one down to the head, but that
didn't work out well.

Do I have to bother patching the damage? One is in a conspicuos
place and I would like to patch it, but with what?

Are they going to be visible when you are finished (concrete finish
floor)? You can stop by the hardware store and they will sell you the
materials you need to patch surface flaws.

I haven't gotten around to removing the bottom plate of an extinct
wall yet, but presume I will have the same problem there, only worse
as the nails are bigger. Any advice would be appreciated.

I like the idea of grinding them off, it they are a bother to you.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit