J.C.

Default Metal Roof, Leaking at the lap joint screws

"DanG" wrote in message

use an elastomeric paint like:
http://www.koolseal.com/steps_elastomeric.asp
http://www.henry.com/Cool_Roof_Coatings.28.0.html

If done properly, you won't need to replace your roof and the
leaks will be taken care of.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
oups.com...
What opinions can I get about slipping membrane or felt into the
lap,
under the upper panel and over the lower panel?

How about sealing old screw holes with aluminum foil tape?
Scary putting Al aganst Fe, but if I go for a temp fix for the
winter,
it'd be removed in the spring.

Dave

Another solution you might use that always works for me. Mueller has those
long strips of really sticky glue/caulk stuff that is place between panels
during installation. If the leak is around a screw simply cover it with a
little of that stuff. Mash on it good and it will infiltrate the tiniest
hole and stop the leak.

--
Some people call this Northeast Hell
We just call it South Texas