Impmon

Default Why aren't computer clocks as accurate as cheap quartz watches?

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:23:26 GMT, "BillW50" wrote:

Not one single person has mentioned that their computer keeps great
time. My first personal computer was back in '81 and it didn't even
sport a clock. Today I have collected about 16 computers (most of them
are in the closet). But the majority of them keeps very good time. Some
haven't been fired up in years, and it is really rare to find one off
more than 5 minutes. So I am at least one user who has been quite
happy with my computer clocks.

There are probably more PC with good clocks than cheap inaccurate
clocks. The reason we rarely saw such posts are because people
usually complain loudly if their product is a bit "off" for any reason
and not many post positive comment on their product.

If everyone were to post every reviews, the bad one would get buried
in a hurry.