Charlie Bress

Default Kodak Carousel 850H

"Charlie Bress" wrote in message
I have a Kodak Carousel 850H that I was using to review my decades old
slide
collection.
I am trying to see what slides I want to scan so I can make prints for the
family.
About halfway through the second tray the projector failed.
The forward/reverse buttons do not operate. When pressing them, you can
hear
a hum, but there is no motion.
The manual says there are thermal fuses. I don't see any after removing
the
base. I think that if a fuse had opened there would be no power getting
through to create the hum.

Good ideas for the problem and solution. Thanks.
A Google search got me to http://www.micro-tools.com/.
They have free downloads of the original service manuals and show a lot of
available parts.
Now I can proceed with confidence in having the disassembly instructions and
a source for the parts.

Thanks for "clues". They showed that this is a reasonable fix.

Charlie