AZ Nomad

Default Coil beyond repair?

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 08:16:04 GMT, Rikard Bosnjakovic wrote:

I have a motherboard with a slightly "roasted" coil that I'm interested in
knowing if it is possible to replace and make the board work again.

Have a look at these two images:

http://www.meradan.se/albums/album45/IMG_2210.sized.jpg (component side)

Forget the coil, look at those caps! They're blown.

There where a gadzillion motherboards made around '99-'00 that had defective
caps. You got one of them. If your time is worth more than a buck an hour
then you should just replace the board. Boards from that era can be had,
and without the defective caps, for under twenty dollars.