Default Griz lathe G0584

I rejected all Grizzly lathes due to their use of a 1x12 head-stock.

To my knowledge they are the only firm building with 1x12. It would
make
getting face-plates, chucks, etc difficult and expensive

This is quite true. However, before you buy you check around and see
who has adapters to change the spindle size to something more common
like a 1X8 tpi so you can use faceplates and chucks that are commonly
available.

I think Craft Supplies and maybe another one or two might have them in
stock. You might call Grizz customer service and ask them if they have
them as a non catatlogue item or if they had someone to point you to.

I might be a little more work initially, but that is a really reasonble
price for a lathe of that size.

Robert