Mike Marlow

Default Some Thought On Intelligent Design

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
ups.com...

I don't diminish their beliefs, either, but I live in the heart of SB
country, and at times it's a royal PITA. At one point in my life, I was
a Baptist, though not SB. My wife is an SB.

I have no problem with any of it, until they start trying to force
their beliefs on me, and the rest of the world, as fact.

Evolution is not a faith. If you were as scientifically based as you
state, you'd never even make such a claim.

My use of the word faith in the context was not relative to evolution as a
study, but to those who find it easy to put a trust in things unseen,
unproven and quite speculative in the natural world and the theories that
attempt to understand it. Clearly a number of the theories of the past have
been ill founded as they have been superseded over time. Yet, they gained a
certain following - an acceptance of sorts. For those, there is a
considerable amount of faith required. Trust if you will. Not so different
from the faith of those who believe in the spiritual things. I only use the
term faith to indicate that in many ways there is a greater similarity
between the trust one puts in the scientific realm and the trust others put
in the spiritual realm.

--

-Mike-