Doctor Drivel

Default Worcester Bosch Boiler flowrates vs Kw Output

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 02:44:56 +0100, aj_newman
wrote:
6) Are there any recent high flow combi boilers equivalent to the WB
Greenstar 440 that are Better that it terms of Continuous unlimited
Flowrate. (Note: I am not looking for a multi boiler info, nor info on
one that involves storing hot water when not in use, just continuous HW
supply)

There is the MAN Micromat 76kw combi boiler from MHG-Heiztechnik based
in Hamburg, Germany. (Formerly part of the volkwagen group).
http://www.mhg.de/en/products/gas_un...cromat_ec.html

I am not sure what the current situation is but if you look back
through the archives of this group, they used to be rebadged by
Eco-hometec and MHS Boilers in the UK.

Officially you would need to upgrade your gas supply as all(?)
domestic meters are U6/E6 by default which means they can supply 6
cubic metres/hour. The 76 kw model uses up to 7.6 cubic metres per
hour according to the installation manual (which I could find only in
German

http://www.mhg.de/de/download/produk...W_EC-62-76_dt_
2003-10.pdf
)

Doctor Evil has previously asserted that you can run your gas meter at
double capacity though not many people agreed with him! :-)

I don't care if they agree with me or nopt, I have done it and they haven't.
I used to design gas system and the U6 had a 100% overload. We would go up
to around 300 to 350 cu foot per hour for 212 cu foot rated meter. Transco
now probaly would not allow this as they want you to go the next size up and
charge more.