Mr Fizzion

Default Worcester Bosch Boiler flowrates vs Kw Output

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 02:44:56 +0100, aj_newman
wrote:
6) Are there any recent high flow combi boilers equivalent to the WB
Greenstar 440 that are Better that it terms of Continuous unlimited
Flowrate. (Note: I am not looking for a multi boiler info, nor info on
one that involves storing hot water when not in use, just continuous HW
supply)

There is the MAN Micromat 76kw combi boiler from MHG-Heiztechnik based
in Hamburg, Germany. (Formerly part of the volkwagen group).
http://www.mhg.de/en/products/gas_un...cromat_ec.html

I am not sure what the current situation is but if you look back
through the archives of this group, they used to be rebadged by
Eco-hometec and MHS Boilers in the UK.

Officially you would need to upgrade your gas supply as all(?)
domestic meters are U6/E6 by default which means they can supply 6
cubic metres/hour. The 76 kw model uses up to 7.6 cubic metres per
hour according to the installation manual (which I could find only in
German
http://www.mhg.de/de/download/produk...dt_2003-10.pdf
)

Doctor Evil has previously asserted that you can run your gas meter at
double capacity though not many people agreed with him! :-)

Mr F.