mm

Default AC ? Are these guys trying to rip me off?

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:53:07 -0500, "Greg O"
wrote:

"Capri" wrote in message
roups.com...

One other thing, he kept on going on about how this was a decision I
had to make immediately. Our temperature is in the 70's now, we
probably wont turn the AC on again until next year, Heat yes but rarely
the AC.

Any opinions?

I hope you told him to hit the road and don't bother coming back, because
next time you are calling his competition!

Tell him and his boss that you'll be telling everyone you know how he
tried to rip you off. When you do tell people, don't exaggerate. The
facts are bad enough.

ANYTIME someone tells me I need to make the decision now I send them
packing. It is just a high pressure sales tactic to scare you into signing.

I sounds like he was trying to sell you UV lights, which are a good idea,
but I do not know of any manufacturer that requires them. You can get them
installed for much less than the price he was quoting, probably $400 and up
to a $1000 depending on how far you go, but $3000 is out of the question for
UV lights.
I would call the company he works for and tell them they lost a customer!

They'll probably tell the OP that the guy has been fired, but the odds
are not particularly good that he will be. For the next few weeks if
one calls and asks for him, they'll say he doesn't work there anymore,
but after a while, they may figure this incident is over and respond
as if he does. I'd make sure I t alked to him, or better yet, visit
when he is there and talk to him in person. (Park a block away) Then
I'd call the boss again, and tell him you know they didn't fire him.

Greg

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.