mm

Default AC ? Are these guys trying to rip me off?

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:16:28 GMT, "Retiredff"

the sample HVAC system has
a humidifier, which defies logic here (you should be shot for trying
to sell a humidifier anywhere on the East coast).

Why does it defie logic to add humidity during the winter?

I live in Baltimore, Maryland,, and on the several occasions I haven't
had heat, I boil water on the stove, or run the shower (into a stopped
bathtub. Then I let the water cool off in the tub before I drain it.)
(have to remember to stop the shower before tub overflows, and also to
remove the soap. Somehow the long shower ruins the soap in the dish
at the side of the tub.)

The increased humidity definitely makes me feel warmer. (I'm sure it
also helps keep cheap (and expensive?) furniture from cracking.)

I also have a simple humidifier on the furnace. I'm sure it helps.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.