Charlie Self

Default Some Thought On Intelligent Design

Mike Marlow wrote:

I find it disappointing that I have to agree with the ID stuff getting on
your nerves. I agree from the perspective that unfortunately, a very small
minority of Christian believers with a very strict definition of things (I'm
speaking of young earth creationists which differ greatly from the majority
of Christianity) are causing the body of believers to be painted with their
brush because of their vocal position. While I don't diminish their faith,
I do wish they would go about exercising it in a different way. But then
again, I wish the evolution-only advocates would exercise their faith in a
different way too.

I don't diminish their beliefs, either, but I live in the heart of SB
country, and at times it's a royal PITA. At one point in my life, I was
a Baptist, though not SB. My wife is an SB.

I have no problem with any of it, until they start trying to force
their beliefs on me, and the rest of the world, as fact.

Evolution is not a faith. If you were as scientifically based as you
state, you'd never even make such a claim.