JR North

Default OT laptop repair

Reflash the BIOS. There are good 3rd party utilities for this, like
Uniflash.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Tom Gardner wrote:
I was given a Dell inspiron 8100...not working. It can't find the Hd or the
CD to boot and they both are not in BIOS. I'm assuming a motherboard but
I'm open to suggestions. It seems too coincidental for both drives to fail.
It will see and boot from floppy. Other than the fact that it doesn't work,
it's a nice free laptop.

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"