AL

Default OT laptop repair

Yes, I would at least reseat the connectors. If you have another cable, try
switching them.

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
Why do you say not the cable? Back in the dim past (before I discovered
the value of feigning ignorance about PC's) half the disk problems I
solved were bad cables.

Ron Moore wrote:

Probably the IDE interface is bad BUT it could be one of the drives
causing the error OR the bios could have had the IDE interface disabled.
Kind of a long shot on that one. Probably not the cable. Good Luck!
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
. ..

I was given a Dell inspiron 8100...not working. It can't find the Hd or
the CD to boot and they both are not in BIOS. I'm assuming a motherboard
but I'm open to suggestions. It seems too coincidental for both drives
to fail. It will see and boot from floppy. Other than the fact that it
doesn't work, it's a nice free laptop.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services