JJ

Default Thermoststat setback and slab coil heat?

Exactly, Ed. Now you comprehend!

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
JJ wrote:
Your using your hot water heater for heating the slab? Sounds like a
cheesy
method,IMO.

Why can't people read and comprehend simple facts?

"....propane gas boiler which also heats the hot water"

No, he said he has a 15' furnace that forces air into the slab when it get
up to 62 degrees at noon time. He saves energy by sleeping from 11 PM to
9 AM. I no I red it write.

"SQLit" wrote in message

"JJ" wrote in message
news My house has a 15x15 addition with southern exposure, vaulted
ceiling. The addition sits on a concrete slab that has coils
running through it for heat. They are connected to a propane gas
boiler which also heats the hot water.
The rest of the house is gas-forced air. The addition can be
closed off at night and is the way I am currently running things.
My question: Am I saving any energy by setting back the thermostat
for that room at night and then reheating the slab in the morning?
Round numbers, lets say the room is kept at 62 from 11pm until 9am.
At that point, it is
brought up in two steps, reaching 70 degrees by noon. 11pm back to
62. I'm afraid I might have slept through the courses on thems, mass,
btu etc..