Colbyt

Default TuckPoint pointer

"fish" wrote in message
Hello group,

i have a small crack in my chimney top that goes around the
circumfrence completely. its a pretty small crack and there doesnt
seem to be any loose mortar, it just seems like the crack is about
1/16 of an inch. So what are my choices? Can i buy some cement
caulking and fill it, or do i need to grind out the mortar and replace
it with new mortar?

If i need to grind and replace, how can that be done? i have one of
those 4" hand grinders, can i buy a concrete grinding wheel to use for
removing that mortar?

How do i find or mix the new mortar? does it come ready mixed, just
add water?

tia for advice.

Fish

Is this crack in the mortar joint? the chimney cap? or the brick?