Greg O

Default Gas or Electric?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:EaN7f.15963$Io4.9188@trnddc06...

" There have been many improvements in the smooth tops, but I'm still not
fond of them. They do not take kindly to the heavy cast iron skillets we
like to use. I still hear horror stories about tops getting broken and
other malfunctions.

As for smooth top electric ranges, we bought on a few years ago. We do like
it, but the burners heat a little slow, and do stay warm for quite a while.
Our range has warnings lights that stay on as long as the top is hot. We do
not use cast iron pans so that was not and issue.
Gas is probably the preferred cook top for "real" chefs.
Greg