Ken Weitzel

Default Kodak Carousel 850H

Charlie Bress wrote:
I have a Kodak Carousel 850H that I was using to review my decades old slide
collection.
I am trying to see what slides I want to scan so I can make prints for the
family.
About halfway through the second tray the projector failed.
The forward/reverse buttons do not operate. When pressing them, you can hear
a hum, but there is no motion.
The manual says there are thermal fuses. I don't see any after removing the
base. I think that if a fuse had opened there would be no power getting
through to create the hum.

Any ideas?

Charlie

Hi Charlie...

I have an old 750H sitting in the closet in this very room... last time
I used it (decades ago) the bulb gave up, and when I went to replace it
I somehow broke the reflector so that was it - it's sat collecting
dust ever since.

Anyway, if you'd like photos of any of the internals, or voltage or
resistance readings, or whatever feel free to ask.

But if I may, I also have an alternate suggestion. If you have a
good (I mean good) flatbed scanner with a full sized light lid, you
can drop slides on a dozen at a time, scan them quickly, and easily
tell which are worthwhile.

As for me, should you be interested, I'm a couple of years into
scanning thousands of slides, and thousands upon thousands of
35 mm and other assorted negatives. I'm doing all of them,
regardless of quality because while I know what the kids and grandkids
like now, I have no idea what may or may not interest the generations
further down the line. Just my 2 cents.

Take care.

Ken